Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week Nine, Assignment Three: Wrapping it up

This has been a very enjoyable training exercise.  I've enjoyed learning to blog and may continue that -- I have some ideas up my sleeve, not particularly library-related, but sort of (my last blog here, about the name of this blog, is a hint ...). 

I always enjoyed the guidance we get with these training opportunities -- there are some very smart people running this affair -- and I appreciate that they will change deadlines and fine-tune assignments as needed. 

I've learned how to find RA sites in unfamiliar genres; how to find and review book trailers (whether they're actually useful or draw in new readers is another question); and I've found through their blogs and Goodreads friendship that many of my coworkers have similar or interestingly contrasting taste in reading.

And it's becoming obvious who to ask for help in what genres! 

So thank to everyone who initiated this training -- see you in cyberspace!

1 comment:

  1. I agree Bryce. I have found many of the same discoveries and advantages that you have in using Blogspot for Reader's Advisory work.

    -Monty

    ReplyDelete